So, Iím not up to a Christmas recap, it will come sometime this week, but not yet, so until then here is a silly meme stolen from weetabix:
1. What did you do in 2006 that youíd never done before?
I was a house tech for the Fringe Festival. It was awesome.
2. Did you keep your new yearís resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I donít really do resolutions. If anything, I do most of my reflecting, stock taking et al. around my birthday, so no, no new resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
The Dynamic Duo had their second bambina, Zen Baby.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Stockton count as a foreign country? What about L.A?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Stability, one roommate
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
September 29, the day I quit my job at the warehouse.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quitting my job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I still overbook myself way too much. I keep saying I wonít do it anymore and then I do it anyway.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A nasty cold or two and a couple of pulled muscles, but other than that I did pretty good.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My little Rio. I love it so much and it keeps me working at the gym. Also, my Roooooomba. I love it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sister. She was kicking ass and taking names this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, Iím not too happy with our governor right now, or our president. My old boss, but I donít have to worry about him anymore, and I canít say I was really appalled, just depressed.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Iím still trying to figure that out.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Fringe, quitting the sucky job, I feel like there was something earlier in the year but I canít remember right now.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
I canít answer that right now, itís always a retrospective thing.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, definitely, thinner by quite a bit, about the same, moneywise
18. What do you wish youíd done more of?
Social excursions, I need to spend more time with my lovely friends.
19. What do you wish youíd done less of?
Worrying about things I have no control over.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
The one that just happened or next year? No way to know about next year. This year I spent with a small number of my family members.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
No, I canít say I did.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I had so little time to watch TV. Project Runway, probably.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didnít hate this time last year?
I donít hate people. I do strongly dislike a few, though. No one new that I can think of.
25. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm, sort of a lackluster book year, methinks, especially compared to last year. Why Girls Are Weird was really good.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I canít say there really was one.
27. What did you want and get?
A new job (there is a trend here, no?)
28. What did you want and not get?
A new governor.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw so few movies, too (so much for the challenge.) I must say, though, Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Manís Chest is way up there. Not just because I know the Twins, but it helps. Heh.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29. On my actual birthday I slept a lot and took myself to dinner. The day after that I went to Scandia with my sister and some friends. Woo Batting cages! So going back soon.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Wow, I really donít know, honestly. I try to take things as they come and not think too hard about couldaí beens. It would have been nice not to have to deal with all the roommate drama I had this year.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I have a fashion concept?
33. What kept you sane?
My friends and family. My parents have been so supportive about my whole roommate issue and my friends just rock, as always.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Huh, good question. I spent a lot of time quoting Eddie Izzard. Maybe I just thought of him because you said ďfancy,Ē which, by the way, is a fabulous term that Americans should adopt immediately.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Same as usual, Civil rights in itís many forms, mostly marriage equality right now.
36. Who did you miss?
So many people.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Gen Y and the rest of the Rising Phoenix folks.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Sometimes you really just need to close your eyes and jump. Make sure you pack a parachute, but just jump. That and sometimes people will disappoint you and all you can do is be sad about that and try to move on because you canít change who they are or the decisions they choose to make.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.